Proven Winner Horticulture Scholarships
Proven Winners is looking to the future, and the future of our industry depends on the young people behind us. We want to assist and recognize the academic talent that exists across North America by presenting scholarships to students in both 4-year universities as well as community colleges and vocational schools. More Information.
Garden Club Federation of Massachusetts College Scholarships
GCFM Scholarship Requirements
The Garden Club Federation of Massachusetts, Inc. offers scholarships for undergraduate students (including high school seniors who will be freshmen in the Fall), and graduate students who will be attending accredited colleges and universities.
Applications are due MARCH 1.
Scholarships are available for students majoring in:
- landscape design or architecture
- forestry, agronomy
- city planning
- environmental studies
- land management
- and allied subjects
Applicants must have maintained a legal residence in Massachusetts for at least one year, have a minimum “B” average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale), have good character, and have financial need.
Go to https://www.gcfm.org/gcfm-scholarships for full information on Scholarship Information, Scholarship Application form and Financial Aid.
National Garden Clubs offer one or two scholarships per state
Scholarship Award Overview
- One-year scholarships are available to undergraduate juniors, seniors and graduate students pursuing a Master’s Degree.
- Equal opportunity shall be provided to all applicants.
- Sophomores may make application for their junior year.
- College/university must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx.
Timeline for the Application Process
- February 1: Application due to the State Scholarship Chairman in your state of legal residence
- March 1: Top application from each state received by National Garden Clubs Scholarship Committee
- May: Notification of winners
- July 1: Receipt of information from winners to National Garden Clubs Headquarters
- Late July: Scholarship funds dispersed to College Financial Aid Offices